I live for music. That's really all I have to say.
I play piano, flute, and I'm learning (self-taught, beware....) the bagpipe.
But most of all I sing. Compulsively and incessantly.
As of this writing I have a cold and am very grumpy because I have no voice.
Here I have
music I like and down at the bottom a few songs with real meaning for me. Even explanations of same.
Artists, in no order whatsoever:
- The Beatles: This is an
obvious choice. John is the best.
This is a
very nifty Beatles homepage.
Moody Blues: I have been on a major Moody Blues kick
Joel: The first concert I ever went to was River of Dreams. And I
keep hearing songs I like and realizing that he wrote them....
REM: Nifty, if utterly
- Erasure: Fun with
- The Who: Tommy! Se e me! Feel me! Touch
me! Heal me!
Wall is great album.. which Bigsis got me for Solstice gift!
Order: A neat band which is nearly completely obscure this side of the
- They Might Be Giants:
- Alphaville: Even more obscure
than New Order....
- Blue Oyster
Cult: Not quite as odd as they sound.
- Roxette: I
live for harmony. So all the songs sound the same....
- Boston: I love the
town and I love the group and I just bought a CD. Amanda is a good
song, but I find it a solemn song as I type.
- Chicago: to continue in the
list of placenamed bands.
Eagles: Hell froze over and they got together again. Three
Paul&Mary: Folk rock from the 60's. Best thereof.
- Phil Collins:
I just love his tone. Also Genesis.
- And of
course, Simon and Garfunkel.
- Savatage, a
metal band that good ol' bigsis introduced me to. They are truly
excellent. Harmony, keyboards, and musicality, all in a metal band.
Surprised me a bit.
King's Singers, whose song New Day can be
found on the Inspirations Page. A male a
capella sextet. Glorious music.
- The Capit ol
Steps, a political parody group that I just adore.
"Superfranticunproductivenothinglegislation, kosher pickle packing month
deserves a great oration, never let important work disturb our next
Benatar: I like her. She's got as much attitude as I do. And does
- Abba: Yeah,
yeah. I like Abba. *grin* I'm listening to Abba as I
Boingo: No more need be said. I'm weird, I like weird, weird is
Harmonies, music, actual concepts behind the music, more
harmonies, and did I meantion the harmonies? Uhm.
- And for the last of randomness, Arlo
Guthrie. "Alice? Remember Alice? This's a song
This is for all of my
fellow explorers through that lovely realm known as CTY: The CTY Canon
All nine of them.
And now, the important things. Songs that
mean a lot to me. Personally.
b y Erasure. This is Kevin's
and my song, and it's a wonderful thing.
- Forever Young,
once again. Not only a great song but one tied up in so me wonderful
- I Know
You're Out There Somewhere, the Moody Blues. This is a song I can draw
more mana-energy from.... And it's a wonderful sentiment as
Faith by New Order. Some days I feel like this. All days I like this
- Comfortably Numb, from the Wall, Pink Floyd. Most days I
feel like this. Especially mornings.
My Guitar Gently Weeps. the Beatles. Wonderful guitar in the middle
here by Clapton, pity
it's not on the
web that I can find.... And I love the lyrics.
- No One Lives Forever, by Oingo Boingo. This is a song that ought to be
dear to anyone who's ever played in any sort of role-playing game: "Let's
have a party, there's a full moon in the sky - it's the hour of the wolf,
and I don't want to die."
- Everyday, by
Phil Collins. If you don't know the story behind this one, you don't need
to. I just get kinda funny when I hear it and I love the song
Is the Time, by Billy Joel. I love the refrain, and it's such a
- Here's a special one, here for one purpose in
Long and Winding Road, by the Beatles. And it's a good
- All Coming Back to Me, by Celine Dion. If you don't know why... I
can't explain. It just is.
- Touch of Grey, the Grateful Dead. This is the story of my life the
past year; please make sympathetic noises.
For my own amusement value, I have 'theme songs' for my
various characters. (In gaming. This is an
outgrowth of a conversation I had in email a while back.) For your own
pointless spammage, I'm gonna put them down.
- Anna Elena Sanchez (Hellcat): And So It Goes, Billy Joel.
- Gemini Amanda Knight (Nightpaw): All The I Bleed, Savatage. (Also,
Long Way Down, the Goo Goo Dolls.)
- K'harra Shustal: Turn! Turn! Turn!, the Byrds. (Yes that is the song
that goes, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose
- Gabrielle: True Faith, New Order
- Alyssa Gweneviere Davis: Queen of Rain, Roxette. (Also, Handful of
- Fionn: Only the Good Die Young, Billy Joel
- Ira: Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Pat Benatar
- Ellia: Things We Said Today, the Beatles. (Also, intermittently, The
Entertainer, Billy Joel.)
- Ch'ran: Don't Stop, Fleetwood Mac. (And no, I'm not running for
- Wonder: So the Story Goes, Erasure.
There we go. *Gasp*
Well, you can
return to th e start of it all, go bask to the silliness page.... Or head for the philosophy behind the big long lists.